Options To Avoid Foreclosure
Early Deliquency Intervention
Facing Money Problems
Major life changes such as loss of a job, illness, or divorce can leave a person facing financial difficulty. Taking action right away is essential in reducing the possibility of foreclosure.
- Do Not ignore the problem.
- Call us and let us know as soon as you have a problem. You may reach us Toll Free at: 1-800-308-4961
- Open and respond to our letters.
If you are receiving late notices from Wachter Investments, Inc., you need to contact us and let us know the circumstance that caused you to fall behind on your loan payment. Don’t wait until it is too late. The sooner we can work with you to get you caught up the better.
Each work out program will be reviewed on a case by case basis
Options to Avoid Foreclosure
If you have an existing Real Estate Loan with Wachter Investments, Inc. and feel you may be unable to maintain payments, some options that may be available are:
- Repayment or catch-up plan
- Forbearance agreement
- Loan modification agreement
- Reduction of interest rate
- Sale of the property
- Short sale
- Surrender of property
- Deed in lieu of foreclosure
Please be prepared to provide specific details about your financial situation. Below is a list of financial information you should collect before calling us to discuss what options there may be to avoid foreclosure:
- Statements from senior liens showing change in payment amount and/or interest rate
- Income Documentation, such as current pay stubs, income tax returns and bank statements
- Employment information
- List of all monthly obligations/payments with corresponding balances owed on each debt
- Appraisals or broker price opinions showing a significant decline in value
- A written statement requesting a change to the loan
If your home is listed for sale, please provide a copy of your listing agreement/ and/or written purchase offer(s). If you have had your home appraised, please provide a copy of your appraisal.
Helpful Resources for Avoiding Foreclosure
- Keep Your Home California, Toll-Free (888) 954-5337
Wachter Investments, Inc. is a participating servicer for KYHC!
- HUD Approved Counseling Agencies
- HUD Toll-Free Counseling (800) 569-4287 or TDD (800) 877-8339
Resources for Finding a Real Estate Agent
- San Francisco Association of Realtors
- San Mateo County Association of Realtors
- Santa Clara County Association of Realtors
- California Association of Realtors
You may speak with us directly or through your designated agent who can be a HUD-Certified Housing Counseling Agency, an attorney, or an authorized agent who may act us on your behalf.
If you wish to designate an agent, please complete and return the attached form (or any other form that provides essentially the same information) entitled “Borrower Designation of Representation” to:
Wachter Investments, Inc.
49 Park Road
Burlingame, CA 94010
Toll-Free (800) 308-4961
Equal Housing Opportunity Lender
Real Estate Broker, California Department of Real Estate #00746683
Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System ID #348288